[Ravensfort] Lighting

Berta Allen bertasdragonfly at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 21:21:07 PDT 2008

At the "Relay For Life" events I've attended (by the American Cancer Society) they use the 'Luminaries' as white paper bags decorated with a person's name, pics, etc in honor
or memory of & a battery operated tea light candle is placed inside (along with a snack
size ziplock of sand as weight).

The first year I went they used actual Tea light candles light in a bag... not a good combination.  When the wind picked up later that evening, flaming spirits abound (so to speak)  Second year, they used battery opearted tea lights - pretty good light
source.  Last year they used the 2" glow sticks which wasn't as bright as the battery
tea lights, but depending on the color, a whole lot prettier!

I relate very well to the blades of grass that can wrestle one to the ground in no time
flat ;o)  I've seen it happen... they are vicious after dark!  (lol, good one Runa!)

~chrystal~
"Noli simul flare sorbereque"