[Ravensfort] Mighty Minds Unite!

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 10 16:31:41 PDT 2008

You Devil You!  I would have driven to Huntsville to get another taste of the cobbler.

I couldn't find affordable periodish looking lights online.  I did look... a lot!  I have some battery operated lights that we talked about putting on the trees in the curve of the road at one of the meetings.

Dom & I were talking about some LED battery operated lights in hanging paper lanterns.  If the paper thingy was big enough we could put small battery operated lanterns in them.   The regular battery operated lights really aren't that bright.  It would almost have to be the LED ones or use double the amount because it's going to be dark on that path.  Really really dark.  Solar would be a problem because someone would have to move the solar panel or the individual lights into the sun to fully charge.

Lanterns or lights can be hung from tree branches by a rope which would keep people from falling over them or running over them if they didn't see the shepherd hooks.  I know I'd be the first one to crash into one.

Or I found (reasonably priced) LED battery operated lights that could just be tied onto a tree trunk.  I wouldn't mind buying them especially since you can put 2 in a paper shade and make it even brighter so people won't trip over no-see-ums in the paths.  Or on a path to a porta-privy.  Then there are the very cheap closet type lights that you push to turn on and off.  They could just be laid on the ground marking the path.

Any of the battery operated lights will have to have someone turn them on and off, either that or keep changing batteries all weekend.

Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd
http://runa-herd.livejournal.com
www.bedlambazaar.com
http://thethunderingherd.net