[Ravensfort] Lighting

Catie Clark cat at rocks4brains.com
Tue Aug 12 19:40:43 PDT 2008

Sher M wrote:
> I also have a tiny LED flashlight that can be concealed in my hand,
> yet gives enough light to prevent me from walking into a tree or a
> heavy fighter.
hmmmmm....really makes me wonder what you'd be doing
so you'd be worrying about running into a heavy fighter in
armour in the dark...hmmmm.....  Is there something about
you that you should be telling us, Runa dear?  (insert
innocent blank stare plus guileless batting of eyelashes here)

>  So it is possible to compromise and have the best of both worlds.

It's always better to be safe and mundane than
period and not-so-safe.  Staying in or under
budget gets a lot votes from me too.  And consider
that there isn't all that much time left before our event.
There's still stuff to do at the site.  Proposals and
hallucinations about hiding mundane light sources
under medievaloid wrappers are all well and good,
but safe and not-over-budget takes precendence.

After all, the barony can't take over the rest of the
kingdom in a day...and we probably can't make the
nightscape at our event absolutely perfect while
staying under budget between  now and 4 weeks from
now either.  So maybe we should store up the lighting
ideas and the evil plots for taking over Ansteorra for next
year's event.  It'll give us something to do over the Winter...

ttfn
Therasia