[Ravensfort] Mighty Minds Unite!

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Sun Aug 10 23:05:29 PDT 2008

Actually, about half of the path is already gone.
 On Saturday I cleared brush, lemon trees and saplings from at least half of the wooded area between the stables and the kitchen.  The area is ready for brushhogin' and then the lawn mower.  By the end of the next work weekend I hope to have the other half done as well leaving nothing but the tall pines between the road and the path.  ( which will no longer be a path )  It is a sweet little camping area that is shady all day.
Since the Equestrians will be camping in the area I do not believe that lights will be necessary except in the very small clump I left on the kitchen side for a little privacy and a noise buffer.
The string lights would be very useful wrapped around a tree or three at the entry gate.  It can be tough backing up in the dark in that area.

WARNING !!!  There is a large ground nest of bumblebees in the Equestrian camping area.  It is near what looks to be a 12x12x24 chunk of treated lumber.  I was stung seven or eight times around five on Saturday and my arms and cheek are still swollen as of this writing Monday morning.  These bees are the big bad boys.  They attack in mass ( maybe twenty ) and are quick enough to dodge and strike.  I plan on decking out in my bee net helm, thick winter coat, double jeans, leather gloves and boots so I can seek revenge on those little &#<%*/$ next work day.

Speaking of lights... We will need four or five Coleman lanterns for the event.
I want to take advantage of the pine trees around the feast area.  They are tall enough for us to throw ropes over the branches and lift lanterns high enough to not be in anyone's eyes, but throw a soft light over everything.
I have one propane lantern we can use.  If we can borrow a few others, the Barony will buy the fuel we use.

I am really hoping that we have a good turnout next weekend for the workdays as I would like to start moving things around to where they will be for the event.  I remember last year when Alaric Autocrated we had  a work day or two when moving things was easy because we had more than enough people to do the jobs.

Anyway, that's the Autocrats two cents.

Peace,
Vlod NotVlad