[Ravensfort] Guess What?

James Northfolke jamesnorthfolke at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 07:00:08 PST 2008

I do miss the Minnesota winter; where the air is so crisp and cold, it
feels like spruce needles are poking your face; where the night sky is
so clear and the moon is so pale in color and bright in luminance that
it makes the ice on the trees and the snow crystals on the ground jump
like stars should if you could see them for the monochrome blue of
everything illuminated; until Dad yells, "you guys go shovel the
driveway!"  "Awhh, Dad.  Why can't we get a snowblower like everyone
else?"  "Because I have two shovels and two sons that are paid for.  Now
go do it."  Truth be told, my brother and I could finish the work before
most of the neighbors were able to get their cold snowblowers started.