[Ravensfort] star gazing opportunity.....

HOFFPAUIR, DAVID R ENV_DRH at shsu.edu
Thu Feb 14 06:52:42 PST 2008

Hey fellow persons...

A lunar eclipse is coming our way Feb 20.  Aside from the blood red and
bright orange, there's a good chance for a "turquoise eclipse."  Partial
begins at 7:43 pm, mid-eclipse at 9:26pm, and ending at 11:09pm (CST).
This will be our last total eclipse until Dec. 2010.

Assuming there is an interest and we can achieve planetary alignment
amongst all involved parties, this offers an excellent (early evening)
chance for the stargazer's guild to meet at the stones.  Maybe we could
work in a few repairs while we're there, sort of out of respect to the
goddess and her evening's entertainment...

Anyway, toss it around... Here's a link to the details:

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/13feb_lunareclipse.htm?list20833
6

regards,
DSD

David R. Hoffpauir
Program Development Associate
Incident Command Simulation Training Center
Bill Blackwood Law Enforcement Management Institute of Texas
College of Criminal Justice
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville Tx 77341-3926
936-294-4995