[Ravensfort] Membership Discussion

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 9 16:42:06 PST 2008

Due to the elimination of the Western Region there has been a 'discussion' on the general Ansteorra list.

So far the following information has been put forth (right, wrong or indifferent):
1.  Apparently only Anesteorra (according to the discussion as I understand it) does not recognize memberships other than Sustaining for the requirements for a Barony.
2.  But an Associate member can hold office but is not considered a subscribing membership.
3.  Family membership is not considered a subscribing membership.
4.  http://sca.org/docs/govdocs.pdf  Starting with page 54 of 64 states the different memberships.
5.  http://seneschal.ansteorra.org/forms/Jan2006_Ansteorra_Law2.pdf  Page 32 deals with Barony requirements

So if I understand this incorrectly someone please correct me.  Only a Sustaining Member counts towards our required 25 members to maintain the Barony.  They can also hold offices.  An Associate member(ship) can hold office but doesn't count towards the 25 because it isn't a 'subscribing' membership.  Same with Family memberships because they are not subscribing memberships.

I'm so confused.

Runa of the Thundering Herd
http://thethunderingherd.net/