[Ravensfort] To Fallen Heroes

Keely Disman kdisman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 17:40:48 PDT 2008

Greetings unto the populace,

Some of you may remember me as Keely, others by my SCAdian name of Joan.
Nicollette (mka Shannon) is my sister.

On June 8th, in the early morning hours, four wonderful people were called
onward.  My father-in-law, who was more of a father to me than my own, was
one of them.  He was raced to the hospital for an aortal anurism which
ruptured.  There were three members of the PHI flight crew which gave us and
my father the only hope we had.  They were a blessing.  Little did we know
that within a few short minutes, four bright lights would be gone from our
lives forever.

My father-in-law was a strong man, yet he had a love of the simple things.
Fishing and drinking coffee on his front porch were a few of these.  He had
a down to earth way of looking at the world that was realistic, but never
pessimistic.  He served in the Navy during Vietnam and also worked for TDC.
Though blunt and outspoken, beneath that gruff exterior beat a heart of gold
and the soul of a hero.  He was always there for us, no matter what.  He was
our rock, the one that everyone figured would live forever.

We said our final farewells today.

To the three fallen heroes of PHI Med 12: Wayne Kirby, Stephanie Waters, and
Jana Bishop, who gave us our only hope.  Vivat and honor to these fallen
heroes!
To a man who served not only his country and state, but his family.  To our
father, Vivat! and Farewell.

Joan
mka Keely