[Ravensfort] storage fire etc.

CAC giovanna51 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 18:49:34 PDT 2008

Hello, Malcolm called me today and left a message that our storage facility, where we have our Baronial stuff,  had their office burn down today. Would HE Chrystal or HE Brian go by there and see what's up? Let us know what you find.
  For people coming to work the site this Sat. please bring things like clippers, machettes, axes, chain saw etc.and water. I am sure our Autocrat will elaborate further.
  James, that was a cool article about the moon crater etc. It took me back in time to see what was recorded and how very interesting it was then compare with modern day findings. Very nice. We actually have some Bruno's that are relatives of mine!
  Waterbearing is becoming an 'unguild' in the SCA .(strictly my term) Corporate has decided to make it unofficial because of liability etc. No offices will be held in this area anymore and monies needed to purchase WB supplies for events will come out of another fund to be named in the future. How this will affect our purchasing supplies for Defender will remain to be seen. We can always use donations too. Hopefully it will be all worked out before we need to buy supplies.
  Our Populace meeting as you may know was short and sweet so we could help Elke at the Univ. freshman club night. Our Business meeting had much talk of Defender. We also discussed ways to do some online discussions. We will research this idea further. We also discussed combining some of our guild meetings to once a month at a different house each time and work on many guild activites all together. This would save gas and give us time once a month to get together as a Barony and visit and share some fellowship time. Ideas from the Populace would be welcome on this point. Gasoline has become a problem for many of us who have to travel to go to guild meetings. I think it would be fun to get together once a month and sew , cook, armor, scribe , drum etc. all at the same time. YIS, G