[Ravensfort] fighter practice

Dr. C. M. Helm-Clark Ph.D. cat at rocks4brains.com
Fri Jun 27 10:24:43 PDT 2008

So along the lines of finding a less hot time for practice,
I was wondering:

how many other people would be interested in moving to a less hot time
of day?
(this is a critical question, since only one or two people wanting to
move the time does not constitute any sort of quorum)

what other times would keep people who fight happy?

who is our marshall?  there isn't anyone listed on the baronial website
for this office

do we want to look at some other day in lieu of or in addition to
Sunday?
the reason I bring this up is that the folks in "WestStarLoch" are doing
an occasional sunday afternoon mini-tourney-cum-practice with a lot more
warm bodies than we currently muster...however, there is the additional
problem of gas prices right now.  so we want to look into maybe doing a
carpool down to those mini-tourneys instead of having a smaller practice
down here on those days?  (By the way, there's one of those
mini-tourneys this Sunday in conjunction with some of the ongoing
activities at the AHSS)

anyway, I just thought I'd float some more thoughts out there

I just managed to do a mile and a quarter is 90 degrees without falling
over (a bit better than the heat exhaustion I was doing earlier this
month) so things are getting a bit more promising on the acclimatization
to the SE Texas sauna...now if I can only manage that while in armour,
I'll be getting somewhere...   ;-)

ttfn
Therasia