[Ravensfort] the 29th and restaurants

Dominique Epps blueingreen at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 25 16:01:15 PDT 2008

Here are ciytsearch links to the two restaurants Charles mentioned at last populace:

Brasserie Max and Julie:
http://houston.citysearch.com/profile/45697402/houston_tx/brasserie_max_and_julie.html

Cafe Montrose:
http://houston.citysearch.com/profile/9842458/houston_tx/cafe_montrose_bar_restaurant.html

If we have large groups I STRONGLY recommend that we make reservations.  Both are usually very busy.  Even worse on a Saturday, even for lunch.

Both are very good.  Cafe Montrose is the friendlier, cheaper one.  But Brasserie Max and Julie has the much more traditional French fare.  And it's literally "down the street"!  You don't need to worry about the old  "coat and tie" routine with either, but they are not too casual either...  Both are mid-priced.  Entrees will vary from $15 to $25.  Lunch is of course cheaper but with a much more limited menu.

Hope this helps!

Kitsune, another night owl.

byzytym <byzytym at att.net> wrote: There are a few of us that would like to meet you at the museum on the 29th.
We plan on driving straight to the exhibit, sharing the show with you early
birds and then sitting down to a relaxed meal after to exchange thoughts on
the what we've seen.  We are hoping you can give us an ETA for the museum
ahead of time and then we can get in touch by wireless phone on Saturday to
see if you're running on schedule.

Of course anyone that would like to join us for the after meal is welcome to
do so.  We haven't settled on an restaurant yet so we are open for
suggestions.

Looking forward to the show.

Pax,
MARIVS & the night owls