[Ravensfort] The museum trip...........Da Vinci.......who isgoing.......here is the plan.

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Sun Mar 30 00:16:54 PDT 2008

A total of 7 of us saw the Da Vinci show today.
We left south Barony around two-thirty and still had more than enough time
to see everything and more.  The exhibit was smaller than expected, but
interesting none the less.  A few hands on items and a lot of scale models.
The Natural History Museum is cramped for space so I don't think we were
seeing all the displays that other cities may have gotten.  Also, a fourth
blade was removed on one machine so it could fit up into a corner.  Again,
the show seem a little squeezed in.  On the other hand, it was nice to see
in practice gadgets we've heard described on the History Channel a hundred
times.  I would have felt a little cheated by the $15 admission for such a
small show had it not been for the fact that we also got to see the
permanent mineral and gem exhibit again.  If you have never seen it, it is
worth a trip to the museum just to be dumb struck by it beauty.  I wish I
could bring a stool in with me so I could just sit in front of the stones in
a sparkled stupor.

A quick round of brews and a game of darts at The Gingerman kill a little
time before our six o'clock restaurant reservations.

There was 9 of us at the Cafe Montrose.  Heavy Belgian sauces, rare beef,
cordon bleu, pate, chocolate, pastries, ice cream and a hand full of Belgian
ales that I have not see for sale anywhere else.  Very friendly staff and a
relaxed atmosphere.  We spent over three hours there talking and tantalizing
our taste buds.

Coffee and Saint Brendan's back at the south Barony homestead caped a near
perfect evening.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable outing with a true kindness of Ravens.

Pax,
MARIVS

"what shall it profit a man,
if he shall gain the whole world,