[Ravensfort] BAM Security commitment Please read take TWO

John Reuter brian_the_french_norman at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 11:45:39 PST 2008

 Well, Bordermarch Autum Melees will be here in a few weeks.
 We (the Populace of Raven's Fort) have agreed to help
 Bordermarch with the security of the event. In the past
 three years we have had about three to four hundred attend
 the event. This year we expect over 500 or more with Glen
 Aben planing to attend with thier own army. This is how Gulf
 War started years ago. The last two years we were able to
 handle the security of the event with a few people on roving
 patrol keeping close contact with the Gate Keeper and the
 Autocrat. The main focus was to be visible for any one who
 had an emergency be able to contact security, have security
 look at the situation and see what kind of help was needed.
 If it was of a legal issue the Autocrat was contacted and if
 it was a medical issue the Chiurgin was called. Most
 problems are going to be getting supplies or a Chiurgin to a
 location. I have found that five areas will be of importance
 for security issues. Untill
  the activities start the Gate, Parking, Camping and
 Merchants Row will be of intrest. When the competitions are
 active the castle area will be added to the list.

 This is what I sugest we do:

 The Gate Keeper will have a radio of their own, the
 Chiurgin in Charge (CIC) will have their own radio, and the
 Autocrat will have a radio. The Autocrat is Baron Santiago.
 These are their own radios and will not need to be given to
 them. Security will have five (5) radios available for
 rotation.

 Merchant Row will have a Security Check point with one of
 the merchants. this will give us an established point of
 contact for that area and all the merchants will be aware of
 the location if they neen help.

 A rover will be on duty 24 hrs. with radio contact. The
 rover will be in a farm mule (ATV) with two seats and a load
 bucket in the rear. Checking on the parking area, merchants
 row and the camping area are important. The rover will need
 looking for unattended fires, gas lanterns and candles.
 Wandering young childeren who should be with their parents
 and any activities that that should not be happening at the
 event. It is up to the Autocrat to decide what to do.

 Parking will need to be organized and kept in line so that
 no one is blocked in or or not able to get around each
 other. ( a parking area layout will be needed.) Long
 trailers may need some special parking needs. The parking
 area may require some one on duty to see that all vehicles
 are parked correctly.

 Water Bearers / Chiurgins Point will need a radio for
 emergencies. This will need to be only during the days
 activities near the castle where most of the main activities
 are each day.

 I dont think that having a locked in three hour shift
 schedule written up now will work at this point. having a
 list of committed people who will look at their schedule for
 the event and check in with Baron Brian when they have their
 camp all set up would be better in this situation. I will be
 in charge of security during the event. If any one has a
 prefrance of which day and which hours they can commit to
 helping with security they can contact me at
                  jareuter1066 at sbcglobal.net .

 I will need the following information if you would like to               assist:

 SCA Name
  Day          Thur      Fri      Sat      Sun
  Hours

Thank you for your time and help.

YIS

Baron Brian du Val