[Ravensfort] showers / Re: [rfofficers] Gundy's Find

Catie Clark cat at rocks4brains.com
Mon Oct 13 11:38:46 PDT 2008

I present the following for your perusal:

http://el.erdc.usace.army.mil/elpubs/pdf/nrrec-04.pdf

be aware that in the document, when they say you can't use
plastic building materials for building construction
purposes, remember that this is a Corps document and the
writer is a civil engineer where "building construction"
refers specifically to structural load-bearing big-building
applications...

There are two very pertinent points that the report brings
up: first is weight and second is cost for the good
structural plastics. If weight really is the concern here,
then the structural plastics that are practically
indestructable at Yellowstone will be too heavy.  They are
also apparently more expensive than I thought they were, but
if you consider it a capital outlay (due to longevity)
instead of a supply expenses, it's cheaper in the long term.
But if weight is the problem, then weather-worthy structural
plastic is likely as bad as metal sheeting...

What did the old panels that we are replacing weigh?