[Ravensfort] Swein site work

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Thu Oct 30 16:48:32 PDT 2008

"Gundy's Pit of Debauchery" I like.

Pax,
MARIVS

"what shall it profit a man,
if he shall gain the whole world,
and lose his own soul ?"

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: SF Tester
  To: Harry Bilings
  Cc: byzytym ; Raven's Fort Barony of
  Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:05 PM
  Subject: Re: [Ravensfort] Swein site work

  On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Harry Bilings <humble_archer at hotmail.com> wrote:

    At first I did not know what you were doing at the Stones. Then figured out that you were at the "New Site".

  Gotcha. Suppose Swein site and Swein camp are a bit too similar in hindsite. Should I change it to "Gundy's Pit of Debauchery" as a working title? :)

      Do you need a hunting license to pop them.

  In theory, no, since they are a nuisance animal and it's private land. However, it wouldn't hurt. Think of it as CYA. These are big hogs, though. Think .30 cal and up. Large pistol (as in .45 or .357) at 25 yards will do. 12 ga. with slugs or 00 buck would work, too. I haven't seen any signs of aggressive feral hogs in this part of the world, but there's been talk of some west of here (Sealy, Brenham, etc.). I'm going to play it safe and carry the .357 and have the 12 ga. handy while we're out there.

  If anyone does drop one, field strip it, bury the leavins, and toss what you want in a cooler. I'm not big on wasting what you hunt... though I'm not sure what to do with the rat I just caught in my driveway (alive, even). Ugh. Gundy great white hunter. Hunt fierce suburban rat with shield and club... ok, garbage can lid and steeck. Was better than the alternative, which would have brought curious people in uniforms and resulted in a large mess to clean up since I can't seem to do anything small.

  Note: This does *NOT* mean I think the site is in any way unsafe, I'm just paranoid and would rather have it and not need it. We're not talking javalina here, so the hogs would likely just move on if they saw us. Having seen the damage they can cause (an acre a night!!!) it's just best to dispense with 'em entirely, especially after we seed the camping areas.
  --
  Gundy