[Ravensfort] Site work for Saturday

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Sat Sep 6 18:32:05 PDT 2008

Another good work day, but it was one step forward and two steps back.

A third of the Dreaming Tree has split and fallen between the list field and the bonfire.  It is attached to the main trunk firmly and has several branches securely on the ground.  Please do not cut on the fallen tree.  We will trim off the branches that are beyond the points where they first touch the ground, but leave the fingers that hold it up.  It will make a sturdy monkey bars for the event.

The second step backwards is the fact that almost ALL of the trees in the Equestrian camping area that we have worked so long and hard to make look so pretty have been marked with blue paint to be harvested for lumber.  Who says that god doesn't have a sense of humor ?  I am hoping that we can talk them into waiting two weeks before cutting them down.  We'll see.

More poles have been painted and the cover next to shed has been cleaned up.  I hope that we can get rid of the rotten tents tomorrow.

We will be back on sit tomorrow around 11 AM.  I hope to see some of you there.  We need lawn mowers.

Many thanks to all that worked today.

In service,
Vlod NotVlad