[Ravensfort] Himicane Ike Question

SFT2 sftester2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 16:21:36 PDT 2008

Sher M wrote:
> There's a 60+% chance of rain this work weekend.
> About 1/2 of the weather tracks show Ike hitting
> south of Galveston.  The other 1/2 showing Galveston.
>
> What happens to the event should Ike hit Galveston
> or we get the dirty side if it hits south of there.  Is
> it postponed or if people can get to the site Defender
> goes forward?

It looks like it'll hit sometime late this week or this weekend. It'll rain
a bunch, blow a little, and generally annoy me, but the site is far enough
inland that the hurricane will have blown off a lot of energy before it gets
there, and then will have moved through before Defender. The real threat is
it stalling and sitting on us like that tropical storm a few years ago that
resulted in me and Gesalec floating down the drainage ditches in a raft
(yes, there was beer involved).

Personally, I'm not worried about it affecting Defender, but it may cause
issues for me at work since I don't drive the truck and won't ride the bike
in a hurricane (again).
--
Gundy
"If you're normal the crowd will accept you, but if you're deranged the