[Ravensfort] Hurricane Ike Update.

Paul Gilbert niklas at pbgilbert.net
Wed Sep 10 06:16:34 PDT 2008

The track has now shifted directly at the Victoria area.

The track then has Ike turning once over land into the SAT-AUS area with
possible tropical force winds.

Huntsville is 148 miles from my house here in Cedar Park. You will get
some rain and wind. How much so far, don't know. It depends on how fast
the storm decays on land.

The real problem will be flooding and tornadoes for you guys.

More as it comes.

Niklas

Paul Gilbert wrote:
> Greetings...
>
> I had intended this to goto the entire list, but did not add the list
> address...oh well, here it is.
>
> Check the track now....
>
> http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200809_model.html#a_topad
>
> Ike has drawn a bead on Corpus. In my watching of the hurricane tracking
> models the ones to watch are the NOGAPS, GFDL, NGFDL and GFS plots.
>
> They seem to be the most reliable. Especially when they get as tightly
> clustered as they are here.
>
> The thing to watch now is the effect that the ridge coming in from the
> NW will have on it and will it be strong and fast enough to "suck" Ike
> up into a NW turn towards Houston area.
>
> At the 4:30pm conference call from the State SOC, ground zero is
> Victoria with at least a Cat 3. Hurricane forces wind will be felt
> 70-100km from the eye and tropical forces 120-140km out.
>
> That can put tropical force winds in Huntsville and Austin real easy.
>
> So much for Laurels Prize Tourney at Seawinds......
>
> Niklas

Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW             H.E. Niklas Vasilevich
niklas at pbgilbert.net      CB,CSM,KGA,OTR,ORH,Crane,AoA
512-733-3035 Cellular             Kingdom of Ansteorra

            Society for Creative Anachronism

     Texas Dept. Of Transportation, Radio Operations
      Austin, Texas                  512-506-5141
                pgilber at dot.state.tx.us

                "The Eagle has landed"
  "Sable, a double-headed eagle, a bordure engrailed or"