[Ravensfort] Google Groups: You've been invited to ravensfortfighters

noreply at googlegroups.com noreply at googlegroups.com
Sat Sep 20 17:49:37 PDT 2008

  cat at rocks4brains.com has invited you to join the ravensfortfighters group
with this message:

This is to announce the creation of the promised email list for the Ravensfort
fighter practice. It is a restricted list with a high level of security so any
contact info traded between members is not viewable by non-members, spammers
or other internet abusers. To be on the list, send me your email address
directly and I'll add you. We should also consider who else should have list-
owner/moderator privileges since there will certainly be times where I won't
be available to do list maintenance (add members, remove dead emails, etc.).
Given that the hurricane prevented the scheduled move of our servers from
Idaho to Texas, I decided to use Google Groups, at least for now. Google
Groups has the same free access as Yahoo but without the hoggy ad graphics,
intrusive cookies and unresponsive moderator support that are the downside of
using Yahoo (I've been a list owner/moderator on both Google and Yahoo and
have had plenty experience with both).

It may take more than a few days to get everyone on the list since I suspect
that some folks have limited internet still because of hurricane Ike. The
important thing is to get people subscribed initially.
ttfn
Therasia

Here is the group's description:

This is the mailing list for the SCA Barony of Ravensfort fighter practice
announcements. It is a restricted list to prevent spammers from joining. Since
it is a private list, it is theoretically safe to post contact info for fellow
fighters.

---------------------- Google Groups Information ----------------------

You can accept this invitation by clicking the following URL:

http://groups.google.com/group/ravensfortfighters/sub?s=2cTMuAgAAADIkORLPuk5q0rZBsknCMCd&hl=en

Access to the group on the web requires a Google Account. If you don't have a
Google Account set up yet, you'll first need to create an account before you
can access the group. You can create an account at:

https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?service=groups2&reqemail=ravensfort%40lists.ansteorra.org&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fgroup%2Fravensfortfighters%3Fhl%3Den

--------------------- If This Message Is Unwanted ---------------------

If you feel that this message is abuse, please inform the Google Groups staff
by using the URL below.

http://groups.google.com/groups/abuse?invite=YQAAAAAAasZvAAAAAAkZFikAAAAABDocfw&hl=en