[Ravensfort] Himicane Ike Question

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Tue Sep 9 10:34:50 PDT 2008

And speaking of bonfire...
If someone could bring a working chainsaw this weekend it would be a great
help.  There are a few small logs that have been dropped at the bonfire that
need to be cut up.  And a general clean up around the fire will have to be
done as the edges are not well defined.  Brushy stuff on, rather than around
the pile.  It should all be quick work.  The pile is mostly brush so it will
burn fast and hot.  Another good rain a few days before the event would be
good.  The final say is up to the county and the land agent.

There is also one pine branch in the feast area that will have to be trimmed
with a chainsaw.

This is the last work weekend before the event.  I am praying for a good
turnout.  Most of the things that need to be done are low impact.  That is
to say, either you have LOTS of help with things like putting up the tents
or you are doing a no lift job like filling water barrels.  I want to remind
everyone that when you at the site, no one expects you to work all the time.
Part of what makes the day enjoyable and what moves the Barony forward are
the golden moments when we are just relaxing, brain storm talking and taking
the time to smell a rose.  Everyone does what they can and it adds up to
everything getting done.  Even a few minuets work add up.

Here is a list of what we would like to accomplish this weekend.
1.Hang the two green tents and tie to the poles.
2. Lawnmower (a. the list field and swing set area (b. Raven's Fort Central
as the Crown will now be camping there. (c. the feast area (d. the shower
area (e. around the bonfire at least a few feet. (f. the old tavern area as
the Pelicans have been displaced by the Crown (g. the small area in front of
the Troll both.
3. Fill the water barrels and tanks (a. 210 gal water tower tank (b. 210 gal
stables tank for Equestrian. (c. 2 barrels for Equestrian field. (d. 4
barrels above showers. /  a trailer will be parked between the showers with
5 full barrels and the gas water pump to be used for shower replacement and
a firetruck.
4. Go to the rented storeroom and ready the kitchen supplies and event
stuff.
5. On top of the bonfire cleanup mentioned above, we will have to take a
look at the Equestrian area after the trees are removed.  If it is still
usably shady and it is reasonably possible to clean up, we will make an
effort to salvage the area for this event.  If not, accommodations will be
made.
6. With the mowing that is being done, the site will look in tip top
condition, except in the areas that are being logged. ( We can blame that on
the Viking raids if anybody asks. )  I am hoping that everyone will make an
effort to clean up their own area to make a good impression on the important
guest that will be on site and for the people that have never come to The
Stones.

If we have a healthy turnout this weekend, the event will stay on schedule.
I know that most in the Barony have been working very hard and it shows.  We
are right on target.  We have less than two weeks till we pick the fruit of
our labor.  Thanks so much for your contributions of effort and love.
Raven's Fort is awesome when we work as a team.

In service to the Barony and the Kingdom,
Vlod NotVlad