[Ravensfort] Pennsic Post Office

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 23 14:33:01 PDT 2009

Date: Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:14 AM
Subject: [Mid] Pennsic Post Office, feel free to distribute widely
To: SCA-Laurels <sca-laurels at ansteorra.org>, GDH <gdh at ki.org>,
mk-pelican at midrealm.org, sca-middle at midrealm.org, Pelicans at yahoogroups.com

On to the great populace of the many Kingdoms of the SCA, do we,
the Spalding Abbey Philatelic Society send greetings.

Every year at Pennsic (for at least the last 18 years) the United
States Postal Service has set up a mobile mail station. It was
brought to our attention last year that due to the current economic
times they might be ending the 1 week Pennsic Station.

Please help us try to save the station. Why? It allows merchants to
get money orders to help keep their earnings safe. Allows friends
and family to easily send greetings to those they have left behind.
Enables people who buy too much to fit into their car, or come to
Pennsic by plane, too send packages home. Lastly it allows our great
war to have a special pictorial postal cancel that is not only
collected by members of the SCA, but by philatelic collectors around
the United States.

If you have ever used any of these services and hope to do so this
year please contact the United States Postal Service and tell them
how much you appreciate having the postal service on site and to
please keep the Pennsic War Station Open. You can do this multiple
ways. You can call 1-800-ASK-USPS (275-8777) or you can go to
www.usps.com and send
them an email from their site. On the main site go to the upper
right corner and click on Customer Service, it will take you to a
page with more contact information and a place were you can send an
email. Or you can send a letter to the Slippery Rock Postmaster at
Post Master- Slippery Rock 400 S Main ST , Slippery Rock PA
16057-1200.
Please mention the mobile Postal station at Pennsic War, Coopers
Lake Camp Ground, 16057 in any correspondence.

With enough voices we may be able to keep our Pennsic Postal
Station open. Please cross post this missive to anyone you may think
interested.

In Service,
The Founding Members of the Spading Abbey Philatelic Society,
Lord Ivarr Treger, Domina Eldagytha Zaynabsmottir, Mistress Zaynab
Yasmine bint Hasan

USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service)
Source: www.usps.com
Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd
http://runa-herd.livejournal.com
www.bedlambazaar.com