[Ravensfort] {ravensrattan} Raven's Fort Demo! Saturday evening at Sam Houston State U.

Cat Clark drchelm at rocks4brains.com
Thu Aug 20 21:21:44 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM, John
Reuter<brian_the_french_norman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Who can make it out to the demo we are having this saturday at the SHSU
> campus?
> We really need heavy fighters to help with the demo. We will run a mini
> tourney style demo  to give some sense of order to our display. We will not

Sorry - I really meant to be there - with armour too.  But life is not being
cooperative right now and I'm stuck in Idaho until Sunday or Monday (I'm in
the middle of a title transfer, which in Idaho has to be done in person - and
since I don't have anyone set up here with power of attorney, that means
I'm stuck for now). Then as soon as my business in Idaho is done, it's only
a week or so at home (with possibly a trip to Calif. or Idaho stuffed in there
if there's time) before Sean and I leave on the 10th to take care of
family stuff
in Connecticut (most importantly, my mom's burial at sea has finally been
arranged).  We need to be in Connecticut to help with cleaning up my mom's
house, take care of selling off her cars, sign papers at the estate lawyer's
office, etc. etc.

If we can get out of Connecticut by the 15th of September, we can make
it to Defender (barely) but the uncertainty in the schedule has kept me
from doing stuff like volunteering for helping with gate/troll duty, etc. since
I can't be sure I'll even be there.

It's not that we don't like you guys - anything but!  Ravensfort is one of the
nicest local SCA group we've lived in.  But it's just not been a good year for
us - which is why we've not be around much lately.

But I'm really really really sorry I can't make it to the demo -
especially since
warm bodies in armour are at a premium.
Demos like this are important, important enough that I'll try to do a college
demo even when I've been dragging my butt about going to regular
populace and business meetings.

If I can come a teach a class for the SHSU SCA club this fall to make it up
to you guys, I will  (I do a kick-butt callig class, as well as leatherwork,
medieval cooking and heraldry, just as some suggestions.  I have a bunch
of ready-to-go lectures too on medieval stuff like heraldic art, medieval
metal smelting, etc....just a though and a "guilt-offering" for the college
student types...)

ttfn
Therasia