[Ravensfort] For the Riders

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 20 06:02:13 PST 2009

If you are intrested and not on the Ansteorra Equestrian List (yahoo) then you need to join so you can keep up to date

Jeffrey Hedgecock's "Knight School" in Austin, Tx April 7-8, 2010
Posted by: "Eule"
Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:28 am (PST)

I am in the process of putting together a 2 day jousting clinic with
Jeffrey Hedgecock of "Knight School" fame (www.knightschool.us) and the
owner of Historic Enterprises, on Wed. 4/7 and Thurs. 4/8, 2010...the
two days before "Lysts at Castleton" at my place near Austin, Tx. and
would like to gauge who might be interested.

You do not have to have any previous jousting experience but only an
interest to learn. Once I have an idea of who all would like to
participate, I will work with Jeffrey to tailor the classes to meet our
needs. However, with the new wooden lance jousting experiment, this is
a grand opportunity to train with a world class jousting instructor and
competitor.

Riders will learn and practice-
- Exercises to prepare your horse for jousting
- Introducing your horse to jousting
- Riding in armour
- Balance with and without a lance
- Focus
- Coordination for both horse and rider
- Lance handling techniques

Experienced riders/jousters will practice:
- Historical technique, based on works of Duarte, Monte, Quixada and
Wallhausen
- Proper set up of horse and rider for a pass
- Running the pass
- Recovering from the strike
- Completing the pass in a controlled and measured manner
- Special techniques to improve lance targeting and presentation goals
- Exhibiting style and grace as detailed in historical sources

Jeffrey and I are still in the process of working out the details, but
the rates will likely be around $75 per day, per person, which will
cover a couple of two hour classes each day (times tbd).

Please contact me, privately or through this list if you have any
questions or would like to participate.

Eule/Steve
Unus sed Leo

Lady Runa of The Thundering Herd