[Ravensfort] Populace news

CAC giovanna51 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 06:25:28 PST 2009

Dear Populace, It is very heartwarming to see how many people showed up to work the Stones site. I am very proud of our Barony and how we are coming together. Vivat Raven's Fort!!
  Our Feb. Populace meeting last Thursday had 30 people attend! Yeah! We had a wonderful  workshop from Baron Brian on metalworking. It is very interesting how someone can tame a piece of hard metal into the shape they want it to be in! Thanks Your Excellency for the new things we all learned. Marie is looking for other people to share their talent with the Barony at future meetings.
  Other news - we need items for a Gulf War basket. Please give them to Their Excellencies. Ideas are bead work, scribal pens, oils, ink, trim, bath salts, gift cards for gasoline, etc.
  Ansteorran 30th is on July 9-12. Crown tournament is also that Sunday. We discussed having a booth to make money for the Barony. Keep posted for details to follow.
  We also discussed putting in for Crown Tourney in Jan. of 2010. We will also discuss this later. Marie  will autocrat  and Dom will do feast for it if we get the bid.
  We need a co autocrat for Defender this Sept. Marius has it all organized etc. It will need someone to help coordinate the work he has already done. He has offered to co autocrat it and needs a coworker. Pace can't do it after all so we are still looking for someone. Please volunteer asap for this one.
  Seneschal position is open Oct. 1 . Please give us your application and plan to attend the July King's Round Table. I would love to get someone soon so I can teach them the ropes of the job. I have had fun with it and it is not hard to do at all.
  Hospitaler position is also open Oct. 1. We need applications for this job as well.
  If you haven't had a position in awhile please consider one. Two years , if you want it for this time period, goes by fast. That is only 4 events to be that officer for!
  We still need a Minister of Children as well.
 Important- IF you have moved and not given your change of address to the SCA PLEASE so asap. It keeps things flowing with your Black Star etc. They don't like getting them returned and to them it looks like you have given up your membership.
  Our next work weekend is this one coming up. It will be at our new site and the directions are in the Quoth. Some people are in need of renewing their Quoth subscription too. See Alaric if you are not sure.
 All of our guilds are still meeting and doing great works. Keep watch for details.
YIS, Giovanna