[Ravensfort] new site

kris hoffman mirabelis_ at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 10:35:33 PST 2009

Montgomery county is currently not in a burn ban.  Harris was put on just today though, and if we dont get any rain that is forcasted in the next few days then we will more than likely be put on the burn ban list as well.

Cheers,
Mirabelis

From: byzytym at att.netTo: ravensfort at lists.ansteorra.orgDate: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:17:23 -0600Subject: Re: [Ravensfort] new site

Directions to the new Gundy Site near Conroe :

* Take I-45 north or south.
* Exit 105 and go east.  ( Turn Left from north / Right from south )
Go through Conroe and past Loop 336 east.
* Turn Left onto Willis Waukegan Road. ( Also called FM 2432 )
* Turn Right onto Nicholson Road.  ( Nicholson Rd. is a U that comes back to the
main road.  If you come from the north it will be left on the second Nicholson Rd. )
* Turn Left into the third Driveway on the left.
( 13342 Nicholson Road – Conroe – 77303 )
*Drive past the house to the tin barn area and The Dome of Saint Martin.
Michael Gamber is the owner.  His brother’s name is Patrick.

Greetings,

Michael has opened the site for camping from Friday afternoon till Sunday afternoon.

I guess I will say a few words on what needs to be done at the new Gundy Site.  Even though I am not the land agent or the site autocrat I have done some mundane work for Michael and have spent a bit of time talking to him about what he would like us to do.

The main thing for this weekend will be repairing the barn roof.  There is storm damage, but it is a tin roof so I am hoping that will go quickly.  He will have the materials on site for us when we get there.

There is wind fall timber to clear much like there was at The Stones last weekend.  We will need to chop it up with chain saws so it can be moved.  The owners tractor will help with that. Once we have the logs and branches out of the way, we can run the brush hog over the small brush to create our camping areas.

I am hoping to find some personal time to work on the tavern area and The Dome of Saint Martin.

For those that I have already talked to, my plans have changed.  My significant other and I will be celebrating Saint Valentinus Day on Friday night / Saturday morning.  I will arrive on site sometime around 10ish Saturday morning and stay through till Sunday.

I will have a grill going in the tavern for the Saturday evening meal.  If anyone is interested in using the grill or a pot luck, let me know and we can make plans.

I look forward to another productive weekend.  See you there.

Peace,
Vlod NotVlad