[Ravensfort] new site

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 07:36:19 PST 2009

Here's a good rule of thumb my grandparents used to go by when the concept
of burn bans first came into being (my grandparents never used the Internet,
and the nearest local news station was in Tyler):

When in doubt, assume there's a burn ban in effect.

Sounds like you're on top of it, Your Excellency.

DT+LF

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Berta Allen <bertasdragonfly at yahoo.com>wrote:

>   FYI - Burn Ban question
>
> As of Weds, there *is* a burn ban in Walker County, *not* one in
> Montgomery County.  Wait 3-1/2 minutes, it may or may not change...
>
> regards,
> ~chrystal~
>  "Noli simul flare sorbereque"

> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 05:20:45 -0800
> From: giovanna51 at yahoo.com
> How many people will be spending the night at the new site on Friday and
> Saturday ?
> And I forgot to announce we will have a guild together sometime Sat. ? I
> think? G
>
> Is there a burn ban in the county? Most of them have burn bans on right
> now.

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!

Beowulf, 1-11