[Ravensfort] news etc.

CAC giovanna51 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 06:27:57 PST 2009

Congratulations on our newest addition to our group Raven's Guild and their recognition on the SHSU campus. Thanks to Elke and Charles and all the hard working people in that group for getting it up and running.
  It seems there is much confusion about our Populace meeting. Please read all of my  missives before you respond in kind. I did not say we were permanently moving or changing any future Populace meetings. I am not here to change our Baronial meetings or traditions at all. I am just trying very hard to accommodate holiday schedules, people's schedules etc. For ONE TIME we changed our business meeting to Huntsville.There were several reasons for that one move. I said it was that ONE TIME when I reported that it was going to be moved that ONE TIME! I am not playing favorites to any group of Populace members ie. south vs. north. That is not it at all. And I take offense that someone would accuse the Barony of playing favorites. This is one on those things that can cause dissension in our group, something we don't need at this time in our healing. We all drive various distances to all meetings thus having one in Conroe and one in Huntsville. We are a
 Barony that covers large distances in its boundaries which means some people have to drive further than others. It is what we do without complaint because of the love we have for our Barony!!
  Our Populace meeting for January was moved to Jan. 8 because January first was NEW YEARS DAY! It was inconvenient for all of us and I listened to populace members speak of it for over a month in Dec. so I am moving it for THIS ONE TIME ONLY!  I am only asking for suggestions as to where we could meet on that one day.
  I do like the idea of moving Populace to the student center on campus. I will work on that idea for the future. We can discuss that at Populace. As for now we will continue next month on our regular schedule of the first Thursday at the fire station! We are not trying to change days or anything like that for the future! It is always the first Thursday on the month!
  I will now get off of my soap box. Just please do the Barony a favor by reading all of the plans and asking questions if you don't understand what is going on. I try to always read emails everyday and respond. I am also available by phone too.
  I will announce where Populace will be this weekend after reading other suggestions for this ONE TIME MOVE. YIS, Giovanna