[Ravensfort] subscription suggestion

Cathal SilAlmhain silalmhain at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 06:57:17 PST 2009

Dear everyone:

This message is from your co-moderators, mirabelis and cathal.  The following *is not* a policy, but rather, a suggestion.

Based on the very little information that we receive at the time of a subscription request, it is often impossible to discern who is a legit member wishing to be added (whom we wish to be added!) and who is a spammer.  Very often, all we get is an email address and a name. And unfortunately, we get too many spam email subscription requests to independantly verify each one.

Therefore, this message is sent as a suggestion: if you know of someone who is going to subscribe to the list, please send one of us an email (preferably, send it to both of us):

silalmhain at yahoo.com
mirabelis_ at hotmail.com

Nothing fancy needed, just an email saying so-and-so is going to join the list and their email address is _____ at ______.

Another suggestion is to send a message to the list.  It could take the form of something like:
Just ran into so-and-so, who said they are going to join the list.  their email address is ________ at ________.  Please give them a warm r-fort welcome!

Or you could say:
Everyone!  ____ at ____ is a legit person!  Don't reject them! Especially you, cathal!

I won't be offended. ;-)

Once again, this is *not* a policy.  No one is *required* to do this. This is only a suggestion to help prevent snafus in the future.

Thanks!

Cathal
Mirabelis (w/ permission)