[Ravensfort] Spinning and dyeing

Lemoine Beers loco.cerveza at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:45:20 PDT 2009

Runa

You have a good point, but I have never had much problem if any at all with
natural period dyes. The only black dyes that I have worked with are modern
synthetic or man made dyes  that well make everything feel different no
matter what the color. For SCA projects I like to stick with sheep's wool as
sheep's wool is easy to place in the SCA time period.  The babies of any fur
bearing animal is always going to feel different then the adult. I have
found the most of the time they are softer with a shorter fiber.

Later
Lemoine de Gascony  loco.cerveza at gmail.com
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to
speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive. It knows the names of the
king's bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of
human folly."
--Jean-Henri Fabre