[Ravensfort] Populace news and chain saw masacre weekends

Cat Clark drchelm at rocks4brains.com
Mon Jun 8 12:07:11 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 7:51 AM, CAC <giovanna51 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well maybe you are at least getting some cooler weather. We are sweltering
> down here and with no rain in site! Hah, a pun, hopefully will come true in
> Sept. Anyway, anything to catch the eye and get some people out! xo G

Well, I don't want to be TOO obnoxious, but it didn't get over 50 yesterday
and today there's a veritable heat wave: it's up to 60!  Why, I can go
outside without putting on a jacket!  ;-)  The furnace has kicked on the
last 2 nights.  I haven't been able to get the lawn mowed because it's been
raining on and off for the last 5 days...  Actually, that's not true...4
days ago, it was rain mixed with sleet and snow (and I have pictures to
prove it!)

Last weekend, the little shire up in Helena had to cancel their event
because of snow.  No kidding.  But I will concede that it's been an
unusually cool Spring and Summer for these parts.

Y'all can laugh at me and give me a hard time when I get back home to
Ansteorran summer temperatures and humidity.  I'm dreading it, to tell the
truth.  Maybe I'll just stay up here in Idaho for the Summer.  (I'll
probably be up for a few more weeks anyway because I'm having some rather
major things done to the house and yard: new fence, new sidewalk, paint the
house, fix the leaks in the roof, get the dead tree cut down and removed,
put in a new counter and sink in the kitchen, get a new stove and
fridge...lots of stuff to get done.  And of course, there's more trout I
need to catch with my fishing buddy, Baron Robert of the local barony)

ttfn
Therasia, in exile up in Spudland