[Ravensfort] Fw: [Scriptoris] Achievement Scroll Competition Reminder

Dominique Epps blueingreen at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 14 15:48:28 PDT 2009

Anyone interested?
Domai

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Star - Ansteorra <star at ansteorra.org>
To: "Scribes within Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <scriptoris at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:27:45 AM
Subject: [Scriptoris] Achievement Scroll Competition Reminder

Greetings all,
This is a reminder that at Ansteorra's 30th Anniversary event (July), I will
be sponsoring a competition for original achievement scrolls.  There will be
two categories for the competition: 1) achievement scrolls created an
individual, and 2) achievement scrolls created by a group.  Artisans may
enter more than one category, but only one entry per category is allowed.
For examples, I suggest you try googling "grants of arms", "pattents of
arms", "letters patent", and "heraldic achievement".

Please note that approved achievement scroll texts are available at
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/docs/achievement_texts.pdf.  For additional
information on heraldic achievements, please see
http://herald.ansteorra.org/achievements.php.  Remember, for an individual
to have an achievement scroll made, their achievement elements must be
registered with the kingdom.  To register achievement elements, the
individual's name and device must be registered with the College of Arms
(Society).

Achievement scrolls are signed by Star Principal Herald.  Please do not take
them to the Crown, or Crown's scribe (Sable Scroll) for signatures.  I will
be happy to sign any that ask to be signed.

For one example of a period scroll, dated 1587, please see:
http://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk/Images/Letters/Fowler.jpg

If you have any questions regarding the competition, please feel free to
contact me.  Answers to questions may be posted publicly for everyone's
benefit.

In service,
HL Alden Drake
Star Principal Herald