[Ravensfort] Blaggards

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Sat May 2 09:58:00 PDT 2009

I saw an interesting band last night at Molly Maguire's on Kuykendahl.  Blaggards ( they don't use a "The" before their name. ) is an Irish base band with a  modern hard edge.  SCA "rockers" would defiantly like these guys.  It is the first time that I've ever heard Johnny Cash, Elvis or the Ramones done with an Irish twist.  When they came back from break one time Tom Petty's "American Girl" was playing on the jukebox.  They started playing with the jukebox ( in the same key ) and finished off the song when the jukebox was shut off.  Although they didn't play their cover of "Sweet Caroline", I hear it is killer.  They have a following that my brother ( who was working the door last night ) calls "Blag-heads".  If you like the old Irish favorites done with a modern and funny twist, this is the band for you.

Peace,
V NV