[Ravensfort] just a thought. ..

Hoffpauir, David ENV_DRH at SHSU.EDU
Mon Nov 16 14:47:52 PST 2009

The “reply to sender” option was initiated a few years ago on the mail-server as a stop measure against on-list flame wars.  Thought being, if you are going to publically flame someone or do a rant-spew on the list, then you have to “intentionally” do so by changing the reply addy to Raven’s Fort.

Prior to that, the personal yeehaws between individuals would go up to the list and mayhem would typically ensue.

Now the moderators can say, “look Homeslice, you did that on purpose...spank, spank.”

Seems to have worked.  The mouse boppings have slowed to a trickle…

Regards,
DSD

From: ravensfort-bounces+env_drh=shsu.edu at lists.ansteorra.org [mailto:ravensfort-bounces+env_drh=shsu.edu at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of Alesone Lesley
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 2:29 PM
To: mike dowdy
Cc: ravensfort
Subject: Re: [Ravensfort] just a thought. ..

Michael,

There are several other groups using the Ansteorra mailing lists that have their replies set-up this way. I have found that when using the Ansteorra mailing lists, it is easier to just double-check the header information before I send.

The reason groups have things set-up this way is to help prevent foot in mouth (or keyboard in mouth) disease.  I have had no problems using this system.  On the rare ocaision I forget to "reply to all," I just "forward" my previous email to the list.

Alesone