[Ravensfort] Society For Creative Anachronism Seizes Control Of Russia

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 08:54:49 PST 2009

That's pretty amazing.

Twenty years ago, after the Berlin Wall came down, I remember flipping
through channels and coming across Pat Robertson on the 700 Club talking
about how, since the Soviet Union had collapsed (which it didn't until
1991), the people of Russia had no ideology, philosophy, or religion to
replace Communism. A film showed various members of the Society for Creative
Anachronism talking about their involvement in Wicca, and then Brother Pat
came back on to warn his audience that Satan was telling the SCA to send
Hindu missionaries into Russia. He appealed to his viewers to send in money
so that the 700 Club could send Bibles to Russia and prevent the spread of
New Age heathenism.

I guess, twenty years later, he never sent those Bibles to Russia, because
now there's nothing to stop the SCA from bringing in those Hindu
missionaries, after all.

That's what you get for pocketing your viewers' contributions, Pat! And
that's what you get for abandoning the people of Russia to focus on
demonizing gays and feminists!

Pax et bonum,
DT+LF

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Lemoine Beers <loco.cerveza at gmail.com>wrote:

> You have to check this out.
>
> http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29464
>
> Later
> Lemoine de Gascony MKA"L.D. Beers" loco.cerveza at gmail.com
>
> **********************************************************************************************************
>

> “A government big enough to supply you with everything you need is a
> government big enough to take away everything that you have.... The
> course of history shows that as the government grows, liberty
> decreases.”
>
> ---Thomas Jefferson

He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
--Micah 6:8