[Ravensfort] DEFENDER UPDATE

Dan Smith Jr gogetdan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 22:42:31 PDT 2009

I would have to say that Defender was a raging success!!  Not only did we have the largest turnout of equestrian and brewing competitors to date, we had a large group of newcomers (THANK YOU RAVEN'SGUILD) that got to  witness an event "as it should really be done". I doubt they could have had a better opportunity to witness the SCA in it's entirety as they got last weekend. We even had the local newspaper come out and give us good press.  Hazzah!
I would like to thank everyone that came out to Sweinhold and made Sweinbrothar's 20th year celebration all that is was.  My condolences to any of you that missed it... you really missed out.

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO DEVIN O'DONNABHAIN SWEINBROTHAR, THE NEWEST ADDITION TO OUR FAMILY!!
And THANK YOU, DEVIN... for joining us... and for designing such a wonderful scroll and inducting me into the Order of the Raven's Wings.

CONGRATULATIONS TO KAILEK SWEINBROTHAR, RAVEN'S FORT'S CHAMPION IN THE BREWING CONTEST !!

WELCOME HAGBARD, MY NEWEST SHOAT !   Hagbard was the Porkulus member that played melodica and guitar.  I hope you all come out next Defender and see what I cook up for him...

AND THANK YOU  <insert preferred deity's name here>  FOR GRANTING US SUCH WONDERFUL WEATHER... mid 80's during the day and high 60's at night... WOOHOO!!

Please send me any pictures or stories you have about the event and I will try to find room for them in our Quoth the Raven

is,
Alaric