[Ravensfort] Civility and the Alligator Mouth

Patricia Schmidt iris20 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 4 20:11:52 PDT 2010

Hi all,

 I have been away for a while, but coming home and finding all of the
Hoot'n'nanny that is currently going on was to say the least a shock.  While
I do not agree with, nor condone what is in essence petty bickering and
arguing between individuals on this list, if we manage to say to people "you
can not decry something that you feel is wrong", be it a situation,
leadership or whatever, then all we become is a group of artificially sweet
people who will not get any resolution to any type of concern/conflict or
situation.  Because people are people, we are wont to disagree on occasion
or just "speak our minds" as it were.  The key is being able to do this in a
civilized manner sans insults, rudeness and just plain mean-spiritedness.
If you have strong feelings regarding an individual(s), by all means do your
dead-level best to resolve it privately.  Voicing disappointment with
actions, or lack thereof, or situations in general, need to be said, but in
a Civil Manner.

We can all communicate in that manner if we just give it an honest try.

Just my 2 shekels' worth, HE Jalali of Salamis, OL