[Ravensfort] Lysts at Castleton

Lemoine Beers loco.cerveza at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 18:37:11 PDT 2010

On April 9, A.S. XLIV being 2010 in the common era, the Lady Rosalia
and my self made the journey to Castleton. Leaving our homes in
Raven's Fort we were most excited about what lay before us. The trip
across Ansteorra was a nice, I for one enjoy the country side. We were
almost to Castleton when my good lady informed she was hungry and the
wagon would no go further endless we stopped for food. So we stopped
at the House of the Waffle, the members of this household were happy
to serve us and the food was much needed. Back on the road we may our
way to Castleton. We checked in and found land for Raven's Fort to
camp on. We set our camp up as fast as possible as the mounted list
had started. It was a site to see. The horses and the fighter were
well mannered and the chivalry on the field was to the highest
standards. Once the mounted list had finished we had started back to
camp when H.E. Master Don Robin of Gilwell took the field with a noble
fighter that I did not get the name of. They engaged in cut and
thrust, their skill was so good that it looked more like a dance the a
fight. During the cut and thrust fighting A wagon came in to Castleton
with H.E. Brian du Val his daughter and Lord Eagan. While the latest
arrivals from Raven's Fort checked in Lady Rosalia and myself were
lucky enough to get to speak with H.E. Master Don Robert MacPharland.
He told us the tale of his trip to Castleton, and we all had a good
time. After everyone had finished checking in, Lady Rosalia ride in
H.E. Brian's wagon while I walked back to the land we had claimed for
Raven's Fort camping. We helped with the unloading of H.E. Brian's
wagon. While the tents, shields, armor, and weapons were being
unloaded. Lady Runa of the Thundering Hoard had arrived. Once her
wagon had been unloaded H.E. Brian's wagon was moved near to the list
field and the Raven's Fort pavilion was set up. We had the honor to be
between Barony of Bjornsborg and the Barony of Loch Soilleir. The Lady
Rosalia and I then went to the grand museum of Don Shamino Salle
Dacil. The museum had wonders for the young and the old alike. If one
ever has the time to visit  Don Shamino Salle Dacil's museum one
should. After leaving the museum Lady Rosalia returned to camp and I
spent time watching the Cut and Trust Tournament for the honor of the
Ladies of the Rose. This was a most thrilling tournament to behold. I
then returned to camp. After enjoying the fellowship of the our fellow
Raven's Forters We retired to bed.

Early on the next day we awoke to the smell of coffee that Lady Runa
had made for us. H.E. Brian's  daughter had gathered wild onions and
would spend the better of her day gathering wild onion for everyone's
enjoyment. I also had the honor of being asked by H.E. Brian to herald
him in to court as his two loyal and trust worthy guardsmen Lady
Rosalia and Lord Eagan escorted him. It was a proud moment to be the
one to call out to everyone that H.E. Brian du Val forth baron of
Raven's Fort fighting with the favor of his daughter, a scarf of
purpure upon his brow was entering the field this day for honorable
combat on the list fields of Castleton. Once court had ended the
fighting had begun. We watched as H.E. Brian fought with honor and
great pride in the name of Raven's Fort. We entertained many guests
that day in our pavilion. We were also blessed with a visit from
Countess Elizabeta DiValore della Rosa. Once the fighting had
finished, the list fields were set up for the jousting. It is with
great pride that I say that our own Lady Mirabelis Genevah Zabaneh was
one of the people of great skill on the jousting field that day. I was
greatly honored that H.E. Mistress Suzanne Gabrielle Marie Beraud took
the time out of her busy day to speak with me about the arts and
sciences. To her I am most thankful. One the sun had set on a
wonderful and exciting day, Lord Eagan took all of Raven's fort to the
tavern and bought a round of drinks, in celebration of the events of
the past day. Retireing to bed we sleep well. I would be remiss if I
did not point out that the weather was nice for camping, a bit chilly
for some but not cold or harsh. When we awoke the on the final day, We
had a very enjoyable breakfast from the Longship Company. Breaking
down camp and packing was the next order of business. Making our way
home back across the great kingdom that is Anstoerra.

Lemoine de Gascony MKA"L.D. Beers" loco.cerveza at gmail.com