[Ravensfort] off topic but--?

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Fri Apr 16 23:57:44 PDT 2010

Yes, the Southern Flying Squirrel is not uncommon in east Texas.
My next door neighbor found a baby in her back yard last year.
My cousin back in Louisiana raised them when we were young.
http://www.flyingsquirrels.com/Rangemaps/rangemaps.html
I have a cat that is a great squirrel killer too.
Good kitty.
The larger squirrels are bad to the oaks.
They gnaw where the branches meet the trunk.
Then water, insects and disease sets in and you loose the tree.
The flyers are pretty cool.
Cute when they are young.
Ya gotta free 'em when they get older though.

V NV