[Ravensfort] From the B&B

John Reuter jareuter1066 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 30 17:58:13 PDT 2010

WOW, what a wonderful month! We started this past month at the Lysts of Castleton where we witnessed the Kingdom host a joust that was attended and endorsed by the International Jousting League (IJL).  Present at the Lysts was a High Marshal of the IJL, there to over see the joust ensuring the rules and standards were met and observed accordingly. The Lysts were a grand spectacle for all to behold! Lord Lemoine de Gascony wrote a great review of our trip to the beautiful Estate of Don Shamino. Members of our fine barony also traveled to the Loch/Stargate tourney to attend the investiture of the new Baron and Baroness of Loch Soillier, Don Caelan and Mistress Rhiannon, and the knighting of Master Modius.  As We were not able to attend, a gift basket was sent with our personal envoy Lord Lemoine and Lady Rosalia.  A personal gift was sent to Master Modius from HE Brian. We regret that we were unable to attend, but both of us had pryor mundane engagements
 that we had to tend to. I do believe again, Lord Lemoine wrote a brief review of his travel to the lands south of here. We have seen some good heavy fighter practices this month. Three of which had over five fighters! We had guests and great weather for most of them too!
Lots of questions and interests in who we (the SCA) were and what we do.
We are pleased to announce We have a new knight Marshal, Lady Runa and here Deputies are Lord Daire and Lord Gregor our previous newcomers champion. We have also received some applications for the Reeves Office. Soon Don Charles will have a new Reeve "show the ropes" to and be able to focus more on the Brewers Guild!
All these fine people have stepped up to fulfill the roll of Officers of the Barony and deserve our appreciation respect for their service. We want to thank HE Kitsune and Lord Eghon for their service as our Herald and Knights Marshal these past few years. Your dedication and loyalty to your barony is true and we see that you are pursuing new goals! Good luck and Vivat!

An event bid for Defender of the Fort is being assembled by Lord Malcolme de Crawford and Lord Eghon O'Bollian with a little help from Baron Brian.

On that note......

We have been busy ravens and plan to be even more busy next month with HL Devin's Guild day at his house on the 8th of May. People, projects, food and fun for all who attend! Steppes Warlord will be held on Memorial Day weekend, May 28th - 31st.  Several members of the Barony plan to attend, and some will compete in the lists and other competitions. There are classes with many different interested that will be held throughout the day, so there will be plenty to do.  We will camp again and would like to plan a list field pavilion and a group feast if at all possible. The Baronial Investiture of their new Excellencies of the Steppes, Master Duncan and Mistress Genievieve will be taking place and we will be sure to have gifts for them both!

So, let's plan to have a fun month!

Your Baron and Baroness in service,
Brian and Fionna