[Ravensfort] Stargate/Loch Soilleir Baronials/Investiture article

Lemoine Beers loco.cerveza at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 14:09:01 PDT 2010

Stargate/Loch Soilleir Baronials/Investiture
a report
by
Lemoine de Gascony
Apprentice to
Mistress Shanahan the Fey

On April 16 A.S. XLIV or 2010 in the common age, I Lemoine de Gascony
and my love Lady Rosalia of Raven's Fort were charged by H.E. Brain du
Val to take a basket of gifts to his new cousins H.E. Don Caelan
MacRob and H.E. Mistress Rhiannon verch Bryan of the Barony of Loch
Soilleir on behalf of the good people of Raven's Fort. We were also
entrusted with a great gift of importance for Sir Modius Von
Mergentheim to be given while he was conducting his vigil.

	Setting forth on our journey, Lady Rosalia received word that a
member of the Raven's Guild was to join us. After picking up Samantha
Bennett we headed out to the investiture. The trip down was a very
scenic one. The Ansteorran wild flowers were in full bloom making the
trip most enjoyable. We pulled into the gate at the site just as it
opened. Once the kind and very understanding people at the gate had
given us our tokens, we made our way to a very lovely spot and put up
our tents. After we had put up our tents, we walked around the site
taking in all of the sights. We found H.E. Master Don Robert
MacPharland and many others who in our travels we had become friends
with. Returning to camp, my lady and Samantha informed me that they
were in need of food. On our way out H.E. Master Don Robert asked us
to place signs out on the road so others could find the site. After
setting the signs in place we came to a Rancho Grande Tavern. We
enjoyed a great meal that did not take from our pockets very much
gold. Returning to the site with very full and happy bellies we lit
the lamps and enjoyed fellowship with Samantha. A very nice lady came
in our camp and requested help with her tent. So the three of us went
forth and helped her get her tent put up. Once we returned to camp
Rosalia and Samantha turned in for the night. I being a night owl by
nature went out in to the night wanting to see how many had made it to
the event thus far. I returned to the gate and meet the wonderful
hospitaler of the Barony of Stargate, Lady Ciarnat of Firethorn and
her lord. Don Corvin Fenarro and many others  were at the gate as
well. We spent much time telling tales of our adventures. While I was
at the gate enjoying the company of these very nice people our own
Lady Mirabelis Genevah Zabaneh arrived at the event. Once to gate had
closed for the night I started to walk back to camp when Lord
Yarraslav “Orge” Horsebreaker walked up and inquired about the fine
wood burning tools that he had made for my wonderful lady. I made my
way to his camp and along with many others we talked for many hours
into the night. After everyone became too tired to talk any more we
retired back to our own camps. It was a good thing. Soon after the
rain came. It was the perfect weather for sleeping..

Early the next day, the three of us were getting ready for the
adventures that awaited us. We were greeted by Chrestien Brule, and
shortly after our own John de Athos came onto site. After every one
had finished greeting each other we gathered our gear for the list
that we going to held that day. Once we arrived at the list field Don
Pieter Rausch opened the armor inspection for the rapier fighters.
Rosalia and myself passed with out any problems. John de Athos had a
small problem but it was fixed and all of us were entered into the
list. Their Stellar Majesties Owen ap Aeddan and Genevria di Betto di
Adriano opened court. It was a grand court and many great things were
done by the hands of  their Stellar Majesties, a few of the great
things that happened: Lord Stephen Crowley was admitted to the Order
of the White scarfs of Ansteorra. Vivat to Don Stephen Crowley. Baron
William and Baroness Katya stepped down from many long years of
excellent service to the kingdom as Baron and Baroness of Loch
Soilleir, Vivat for a job well done. Don Caelan MacRob and Mistress
Rhiannon verch Bryan were invested as the new Baron and Baroness of
Loch Soilier. Vivat to H. E. Don Caelan MacRob and H. E. Mistress
Rhiannon verch Bryan. Once Court had finished it was on to the
fighting. I had the honor of being the first Rapier fighter to fight
Don Crowley. It is something I will remember for many years to come.
The fighting was long and the day had its moments of being hot, but
over all it was a great day for fighting. In the course day of the I
meet Lady Elisava Illiesca. Lady Elisava like myself is studying the
arts of pigment making and also an apprentice to H.E. Mistress Suzanne
Gabrielle Marie Beraud. Lady Rosalia and myself delivered the gifts
from the Barony to  H. E. Don Caelan MacRob and H. E. Mistress
Rhiannon verch Bryan, who were moved and touched by the gifts that
Raven's Fort had given them. I also informed H.E. Don Caelan that the
home brewed beer had been made by one of the brewers studying under
Don Charles and that if he was to attend our event, he and Lord Logan
Torcoletti could talk terms on refilling his bottles or replacement
bottles. I also informed H.E. Don Caelan that Lord Logan was working
on a mead. This brought a large smile to his face. Also I was gifted
with tools that will aid me in my pigemnt making as well as pigments
from H.E. Mistress Suzanne Gabrielle Marie Beraud. Once again I am
very thankful to  H.E. Mistress Suzanne Gabrielle Marie Beraud. After
the fighting had finished and Rosalia and myself had changes out of
our armor. We made our way to the vigil of Master Modius Von
Mergentheim. We delivered to him his gift. Master  Modius Von
Mergentheim was moved by the gift and was much thankful for it.
Finding time to relax Rosalia and myself made our way to the forge of
Lord Yarraslav. We found that Lord  Yarraslav was working on a tripod
with very ornate feet. It was a pleasure to watch this fine blacksmith
work. It was pure art and raw muscle mixed together in a grand dance.
With night falling and heavy rains in the forecast, it was decided to
break camp. So everything was packed into the wagon and made ready to
come home. We had reunited with Samantha who told us of her adventures
of the day and how much she really enjoyed the event. Then we went off
to court and feast. In court it was announced that our own Lady
Mirabelis Genevah Zabaneh was the new Equestrian Champion for the
Barony of Stargate. Vivat to Lady Mirabelis she more than earned it.
The feast was great, there was more food then one could pile on ones
plate. Rosalia, Samantha and myself had more then one plate of this
very well made food. After the feast had finished we returned to our
homes in Raven's Fort.

That is all.
Lemoine de Gascony MKA "L.D. Beers" loco.cerveza at gmail.com