[Ravensfort] Populace issues - two thoughts

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Sat Aug 7 08:47:43 PDT 2010

At populace Baron Brian suggested large canvases to replace the now gone army tents we had.
His plan is an excellent one.
It will be easy to modify ropes and canvas for winter or summer
I have two suggestions.

First is to buy a neutral color canvas so it will not show dirt as much.
White will show grunge the first time we set it on the ground.
Black and red will be too hot in the sun.
If we are worried about the look of the canvas to the populace,
we can make light weight colored liners to cover the dull canvas.

Suggestion two:
Buy rubberized canvas.
It will cost a bit more up front, but we will make up for it in the long run.
Because of weather and time, at some point the canvas will be put away wet.
Mold will eat through canvas in no time.
If the canvas is rubberized, it will be more forgiving with that.
Of course we should still endeavor to store dry,
but rubber will give us a little grace waiting for a clear day.

Anyway, that is my thoughts.
I hopefully we can get at least one giant canvas for Defender.

Peace,
Volod NotVlad