[Ravensfort] Off topic-Sweetie Gonzales

Hoffpauir, David ENV_DRH at SHSU.EDU
Fri Aug 27 10:43:21 PDT 2010

We have a Chihuahua. Her name is Sweet Pea. She is just now six months old. Like most puppies she is rambunctious and into everything but a couple of days ago I think we almost killed her...
My mom's birthday is on Monday and we'd bought all the celebratory items like wrapping paper, papier-mâché, and a couple of gifts like soap, movies, and a 1 lb. bag of fresh ground hazel nut crème blended gourmet coffee. We should have known it was a bad idea, but it all got left just inside the door on the fireplace stoop. Then we went to town.
Of course when we get home you would think a small bomb had gone off. It had, we just didn't know how bad quite yet.
There were tiny bits of wrapping paper, papier-mâché, soap, movie wrappers, shoes, toys, pillow stuffing and even a couple of fire poking instruments spread about the living room and the rest of the house had not fared much better.
Most significantly the corner was gone off the 1 lb. bag of fresh ground hazel nut crème blended gourmet coffee and to our estimation roughly one full cup of the contents was missing.

That's right, she ate it. One full cup of dry coffee...

Fortunately it didn't stay down long. Unfortunately most of it had come back up on the couch sometime during our absence. If it hadn't come back up, I fear this would be a much sadder tale.
Well the first thirty minutes after we got home were simply amusing. zooOOOooom! Zoom! ZOOM!!! zoomzoomzoom! On the furniture, off the furniture. Up the stairs, down the stairs. Kill the toy, kill the shoe. Inyerlap, lick, lick, lick! Outyerlap and zoom again! She was Bullet Dog, Speedy Gonzales, and a three pound wrecking ball sort of all in one, but we thought, "Ok, it's just a little caffeine, we drink this stuff every day, she'll be fine in a little while..."
Nine hours later... we had pretty much hunkered down in the bed under some thick quilts, covered with scratches and lick blisters. Sweet Pea was still doing zoomzoom and panting like she had just run to Dallas and back. Her eyes were wide even for a Chihuahua, her tail was a pencil thin blur, and she was shaking sort of like she was trying to pass a peach seed... but she seemed ok otherwise. The bedroom, on the other hand, was a small natural disaster. Our only option was to attempt to go to sleep.
Around 1 am, she burrowed under the covers and passed smooth out.
She did sleep for the next twelve hours, if you are curious, but seems to be back to normal. Or somewhat less than normal, we haven't quite figured that out. I think she is ready for the corporate world. Her new nick name is Sweetie Gonzales...

Regards,
DSD