[Ravensfort] Court Culture: Representations of Intimacy

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 16:36:10 PDT 2010

http://employees.oneonta.edu/farberas/arth/arth214_folder/court_culture.html
(Be
sure to remove any spaces in the URL)

Farber, Allen. "Court Culture: Representations of Intimacy." Art at SUNY
Oneonta. January 2009. SUNY College at Oneonta. 29 August 2010. Web

A very interesting discussion of the distinction between public and private
spaces in medieval court societies. My own understanding of medieval courts
was crippled for years because of the notion that court was an event and not
an institution. I've come to realize that court is not what goes on at
court; the court is composed of those people who assist a king, a nobleman,
or a judge, in performing his or her duties.

Pax et bonum,

Detlef von Marburg

--
He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you