[Ravensfort] Some thoughts on court...

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 21:40:39 PDT 2010

I spotted a stylistic faux-pas. The sentence

"Anybody who gets an award should be able to treasure the moment of
receiving that award, and drowning the court proceedings in persona games
that, while immensely fun for the people who participate in them, quickly
lose the attention of the uninvolved populace and distract the focus away
from the most important business at hand."

goes nowhere. I'm good at long sentences that don't end up going anywhere.

Anyway, the sentence should properly read, "Anybody who gets an award should
be able to treasure the moment of receiving that award, and drowning the
court proceedings in persona games that, while immensely fun for the people
who participate in them, quickly lose the attention of the uninvolved
populace and distract the focus away from the most important business at
hand, seriously diminishes the memorable quality of that moment. The focus
should be on the people receiving awards, and theatrical gestures are best
left to feast and the like."

Pax et bonum,
Detlef v M.