[Ravensfort] Tarps and such

SF Tester sftester2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 01:22:17 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 6:14 PM, drew russell
<drussell_88130 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> DSD is correct about the tension between the poles, but as long as the cable
> going between the poles is large enough the middle sag will be minimized.  I
> would suggest a cable no larger than a quarter inch, and no smaller than
> 3/8's inch in diameter.  I know Home Depot has pre-cut lengths of cable upto
> 100 feet.  and if it is done right, the poles we used for the BFG's could be
> used with the new tarp.
>
> This is my two cents only.

I'd avoid steel like the plague. With synthetic cable you can put
enough tension on it to minimize sag but not have to worry about it
whipping around if it breaks. Synthetic cable just drops when it snaps
since it doesn't store as much energy.
--
Gundy
"Maybe the first thing one should demand