[Ravensfort] populace minutes for Nov.

Dominique Epps blueingreen at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 3 17:35:32 PST 2010

Thank you for the minutes:)
Domai

--- On Fri, 12/3/10, Carolyn Pace <ridgetopfarm at me.com> wrote:

From: Carolyn Pace <ridgetopfarm at me.com>
Subject: [Ravensfort] populace minutes for Nov.
To: "Raven's Fort" <Ravensfort at lists.ansteorra.org>
Date: Friday, December 3, 2010, 4:34 PM

Last night's Populace meeting was well attended with almost 45 people attending.The news discussed is as follows-
Our Seneschal-HE Dom reported that we have a new Chronicler, three apps for Herald and 2 apps for Hospitaler.
      No monies will be disbursed until the new year so hold your receipts if you have any.
      Membership dues to the SCA will go up $8 in January.
A&S-Mistress Shanahan reported that there were two guild meetings-Brewers and Raven's Guild. The students discussed various
            patterns to be used to make tunics, tabbards etc.
Raven's Guild- Rosalia reported that they did have a sewing night and made plans for future projects.
Knight Marshall-Lady Runa reported that no practices were held due to the 'Curse of Hans' wrecking havoc among our fighters.
Rapier-Don Charles reported that 3 practices were held with 2-3 fighters in attendance.They have moved to his backyard because
    the lighting is better there.
Scribal Guild-Lord Devin reported that we would have a guild meeting from 2-5 at Yule.
HE Brian told of the equestrian practice/unofficial event we will hold on our Stones site the last weekend of Feb. right before Gulf War.
       People attending will be able to get authorized at that time. Lady Mirabelis will be autocrating that event. The event is free but
       donations for the privies will be appreciated. Garb is optional at that time also.
Yule was discussed and reviewed. More info will be posted separately.

About that time the door opened and our Regional Seneschal Lady Emeline Neville came in and that happened to leave our door opened long enough for THE HANSE , in chains, to come in and begin to berate our Populace about his being the rightful Baron of Raven's Fort. I will leave the rest of that saga for our Baronial Guard members to report to the Populace. It was very entertaining but we were all worried of the curse getting worse.
   Polling was then taken regarding the new Baron and Baroness choices. We all voted and turned in our thoughts and ranking on the candidates. People who could not be there can contact Their Highnesses directly on line and give their thoughts. We were reminded that we had a polling only. It was not a vote.
  After more drama from THE HANSE he was escorted out by our guard to be put in the dungeon till our Investiture.
  We also learned that the B&B candidates would be interviewed by the Crown at Bryn Gwlad in Jan.
 Also there is a Celtic Revel in Houston on Dec. 18. HE Brian will be going and posting more info on that.
   YIS, Giovanna

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----