[Ravensfort] Hear Ye, Hear Ye (Fighter Practice)

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 16:31:19 PST 2010

For what it's worth, the "e" in "ye" is not a long "i" like the "ea" in
"speak". It's somewhere between the "eh" in "meh" and the "u" in "drunk".
"Ye" only becomes "yee" in 18th century hymnody and later.

Just a little linguistic tidbit for this frigid evening. Bundle up, y'all!

DT+LF

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Sher M <runa.herd at earthlink.net> wrote:

>  Weather forecast:  1-4" of SNOW...
> Fighter forecast:  Ain't gonna happen,
> just got off the phone with Brian.
>
>  Because I'm a wuss when it comes to cold
> Fighter Practice for Tuesday, Feb 23, 2010
> Is cancelled.  I don't mind sliding down a hill
> on my rear on purpose but I do mind sliding
> down a hill in my truck.
>
> Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd
> http://runa-herd.livejournal.com
> http://thethunderingherd.net
> http://www.bootyparlorparties.com/SherMontgomery
> http://www.bedlambazaar.com
> http://bedlambazaar.blogspot.com

He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
--Micah 6:8