[Ravensfort] fighter practice

mike dowdy mdowdy999 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 6 01:16:20 PST 2010

folks,

It was my intention to be at practice last tuesday.. Val was in the grip of ither a flu or the dread noro virus, my phone was AWOL. I could not leave her in that state.

Val and I are looking forward to being at practice tuesday night. Please feel free to call any of the fighters for information about practice. Just so ya know, practice is where the "cool" kids hang out ;) hehehe.

being that spring/summer is comming up, I would like to see if any fighters (light or heavy), support folks, and or folks that just want to smell the o so umm wonderfull  scent of sweat be interested in a monthly pool party or BBQ? Send me a e-mail or better yet.. call me wit yer ideas 281-222-5644 !!!!

I am certain we can do BBQ's one month and swim the next!!! or.. if we are lucky do both!!!

I still want to see non fighter folks at practice just hanging out, walking the track or.. doing what you do. I beleive that you have talents, you each have something someone is looking for. I beleive that some folks could be scared, turned off or otherwise intimidated by fighters... (both rapier or chiv). i think most of us fighters can give a kinda .. sorta.. explanation about what you do. I know for a fact, that I cannot preform like our bards, I cannot research and compile the information folks do, nor can I sew, make paper, dye, and the list goes on and on.... Ask yourself, who or what attracted you to the SCA and build on it!!!

Come to practice!! hang out.. Be one of the (being silly) COOL KIDS!!! hehe

Michael

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal"   Jack Burton