[Ravensfort] news / winter

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Mon Jan 4 14:07:50 PST 2010

I agree.
My very first event in Raven's Fort was in the dead of winter.
It was cold and a heavy mist held the original Stones site most of the weekend.
Everyone was bundled up with shawls thrown over their heads and shoulders.
People were forced to congregate around the campfires.
With smiles, we shared ideas and stories.
I had been to other events, but this was the very first time
that I ever felt that medieval mind trick
when you feel like you have slipped out of the mundane
and into the "dream".
I believe that the cold helped make the weekend magical for me.
I always look forward to winter events when I can pull out the garb
that I don't get to ware very often in these here parts of Texas.
I  will be in service to the Barony at this event.
I hope to see you there too.

Peace,
Volod NotVlad