[Ravensfort] Who's the bizz for Crown

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Mon Jan 11 19:16:19 PST 2010

Many thanks to all of you that came out and helped for Crown.
The heroes that came forward to catch the fall-throughs are "amazing".
Mirabelus will be making her own post,
but I wanted to tip my hat for your efforts as well.
I saw nothing but smiles all day.
Those that were there were happy to be there.
Again, great job.

We have had our first event at our new site
and others have inquired as to it's availability.
That is a great thing.
The more the site is used,
the more money will be available for improvements.
Now that people in the Kingdom are talking about our new site,
they will need something to call it.
Yes, yes, I know, I'm the one that has been dragging his feet on this.
However, we have been on site for 1 1/2 years now.
We should be able to come up with something.

I will give a few thoughts that I have,
but it is up to the general populace to come up
with something that rolls off the thong.

"The Gamber Site" is the obvious thing that comes to mind.

We could go with something off the wall like "Site 61"
since the sixty-first Crown was it's very first SCA event.
That IS something cool to remember.

If we want to be Ravenish we could use "RavenField".
The beautiful field with it's ring of shade trees
is one of the striking assets of the site.
There is a very large hawk with a red breast that hunts the field.
I have seen her / him there twice and over head.

Again, just my two cents.
The Kingdom will be talking,
so if we want to be the ones to pick the name
now is the time to decide.

In closing, I would like to congratulate Elrique
for being made a member of the Order of the Feather.
Our new brother has time and again proven through generosity
that within him truly beats the heart of a Raven.
There will always be a home for him here.

Peace,
Volod NotVlad